Tuesday 20 November 2012

Flocked nails!

The Nailasaurus is probably my biggest inspiration in the nail blogging world. Ever since I stumbled across her posts I've been hooked, so when I saw she tried velvet nails I thought, "Why not?".


Mine didn't turn out half as elegant as Sammy's, they kinda look like fluffy red tennis balls. I added a line of gold glitter to the ring finger to jazz things up a bit. I used a base of Barry M's "Bright Red" then applied clear polish one nail at a time. Whilst wet, I picked up some flock with a pair of tweezers and dropped chucks onto the nail. Then, I pressed down the flock and knocked off the excess with a fan brush.

Even if I'm not too happy with how these look, they're still fun to wear. At the minute, my friends all love stroking my nails because they're so fuzzy! But having people stroke your nails is the weirdest feeling...

5 comments:

  1. I love your nails! I think it looks amazing. I wish people stroked my nails :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I'd stroke your nails, I love your designs(even if stroking them does sound like a strange compliment :P)!

      Delete
  2. So cute! I can't wait to do this to my nails so I can stroke them haha!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog has left its group of onlookers totally entranced.
    best-flocked-trees

    ReplyDelete