Sunday 15 April 2012

Max Factor "Fantasy Fire" swatches




There’s one colour that EVERYONE is talking about right now. Max Factor’s “Fantasy Fire”. I first heard about it on Nailasaurus’s blog, here, and fell in love with the colour. I’ve ever seen anything like this before, but aparently it’s a lot like Clarins 230 “Unicorn Pee”. I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard about Clarins until I heard about Fantasy Fire, but they’re both gorgeous colours.
When I brought the colour yesterday, I layered 2 coats of it onto 2 coats of Barry M’s “Vivid Purple” because on it’s own, Fantasy Fire is a very sheer polish. I’ve heard it needs about 7 coats to be opaque on it’s own, but I haven’t tested it.


I’m not a huge fan of darker colours, so I tried it on a lighter colour today. Miss Beauty Nail Polish’s “Amythest” was the colour I chose and used 3 coats of that with 2 coats of Fantasy Fire. I think it worked beautifully.


These photos don’t do the colour justice at all. In real life, the polish is filled with glitter particles, that reflect orange and green as your fingers move, with a sort-of holographic look to it.
Overall, Fantasy Fire is a beautiful polish and it’s completely understandable why it’s becoming harder to find. Where I am, Boots was sold out and Superdrug had 3 left. I think I should get stocked up.

1 comment: